Health Utility Monitor for EasyNVR® Servers
HUM® is a comprehensive server Health Utility Monitor, giving you the tools to manage, monitor and troubleshoot your Milestone XProtect system. Its diagnostic and notification tools maximize system up-time and ensure timely, low-cost, proactive maintenance.
- 24/7/365 monitoring of servers, cameras and other network devices.
- "Phone-home" subsystem sends heartbeats and telemetry to the App-Techs cloud-hosted server(s).
- Logging of network, hardware, Windows® and Milestone XProtect® subsystem performance.
- Assign "breach" (high/low) thresholds on any monitored subsystem.
- Send email alerts based upon any breach and upon the restore of a given metric.
- Scheduled breach reports provide a consolidated view of breaches across many systems.
- Graphs in web UI include selectable time scales to visualize short- and long-term system trends.
- Tightly integrates with all Milestone XProtect® versions, providing vital surveillance monitoring capabilities.
- Query and log data from any device with numerical SNMP values.
- Integrates with Milestone XProtect® Smart Client views.
HUM® provides you with the tools to keep your system HUMMING!
HUM® Setup and Features
HUM® is typically installed on all Milestone VMS "management" and "recording" servers. It can monitor networked devices, including but not limited to: cameras, switches, radios, intercoms, telephones, access panels and readers, printers and workstations.
- Web-based access allows for both client and remote IT management.
- HUM auto-starts with your server and is always online for mission-critical monitoring.
- HUM configurations are easily backed-up. Simple replication and distribution from template or master servers to other servers.
- Ability to query and log data from any device with numeric SNMP values.
HUM monitors within minutes of the initial installation and is pre-configured for a typical Milestone server environment. It logs the following data and displays results as graph in the web UI:
- System uptime (so we can track the complete history of uptime and reboots)
- CPU utilitization
- CPU core temperatures
- Memory utilization (detect application memory leaks)
- Data volume usage (detect high consumption / low free space)
- Data volume disk queue length (detect slow disk responsiveness)
- Data volume reads and writes (detect excessive i/o)
- NIC traffic (detect periods of high / low traffic)
- Pings to switches, cameras, radios, phones, intercoms, gateways (detect slow network / hops / branches)
- Traffic on switch ports, radios, gateways (detect sources of high-traffic)
- Milestone camera status (detect offline cameras / devices)
- And more.