BTX (Bridge to Milestone XProtect)
Transform Third-party Data Streams into Milestone XProtect Events and Alarms
BTX (Bridge to Milestone XProtect) is a middleware application. It monitors real-time event and alarm data streams from third-party systems such as Video Analytics, Access Control, Security and Building Automation.
BTX analyzes incoming data, and based on user-defined rules and schedules, transforms that data into XProtect to ...
- Associate third-party devices with XProtect cameras / devices.
- Generate Alarms with Video Bookmarks.
- Generate Events with Video Bookmarks.
- Trigger XProtect User-defined Events. (for Text and Email Notifications, Relays and Digital Outputs, and other functions)
- Trigger Smart Client Matrix Views.
- Trigger PTZ Commands. (for any camera, even for those from which a given event did not originate)
BTX receives incoming alarms from any number of third-party devices. It integrates with multiple third-party systems simultaneously. Quickly and easily map third-party devices with XProtect cameras and other devices.
Improve the security profile of your XProtect Video Management System by combining with other useful devices, including video analytics, emergency kiosks, laser scanners and beam breaks, security panels, gunshot detectors, access control, audio analytics.
Bring true situational awareness to your security network by viewing events and alarms of interest from multiple systems on your XProtect cameras.
WATCH BTX IN ACTION
WATCH live-action demo videos featuring BTX integrating
third-party devices with Milestone XProtect.
XProtect Integrations with BTX
Below is a partial list of available integrations. App-Techs regularly develops new integrations for Milestone XProtect, so this list is subject to update. Contact us to discuss integrating your third-party device, software or system with Milestone XProtect.
BTX System Requirements
The BTX system requirements are conventional and lightweight:
- Windows 10. *Windows 7 version available for older versions of XProtect.
- BTX is lightweight software - low disk usage / low RAM consumption / minimal CPU usage.
- 350MB disk space.
- 50MB RAM.
- Typically install on the same server as the Milestone XProtect Management Service.
- Run as desktop application during configuration phase, then switch to Windows service version for production.
- Supplemental Upgrade Protection (SUP) available to keep current with latest versions of XProtect.
BTX Advanced Features
BTX stores and tags the originating event and alarm data into the XProtect database. As such, Smart Client users can search and filter reports by Event and Alarm Keywords, external / third-party Device Name, originating Date and Time, and even the raw Incoming Message String.
BTX device-specific configuration options include:
- Counters - to debounce high event and alarm rates, and reduce false-positives.
- Timers - to throttle over-frequent event alarm rates, and reduce false-positives.
- Schedules - to define specific time periods within which incoming events and alarms should be processed.
BTX "double-knock" configuration options include:
- Groups - combine events and alarms for any combination of devices, to produce a single event or alarm. (Instead of generating many single events. This function is important, because it facilitates validation of any single alarm, and eliminates false alarms.)
- Double-knock Timers - to specify time periods within which all devices in a given group must generate an alarm in order to produce a single master alarm.